BJCEM Network enlargement25 novembre 2016
Il ritorno dell’acciuga! La Festa per i vent’anni della Biennale dei giovani artisti Torino ’97 Giovedì 16 marzo, ore 21, Cap10100, Torino14 marzo 2017
From November 30 to December 3, BJCEM President Ms. Dora Bei, accompanied by two BJCEM members, representative of the Cultural Institutes of the Republic of San Marino, Ms. Rita Canarezza and of the Municipality of Thessaloniki, Greece, Ms. Lela Tsevekidou, went to Cyprus for a Networking visit.
The objectives of the visit were:
- to enhance collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Culture, BJCEM member from Cyprus;
- to have a first-hand view on the contemporary artistic movement in Cyprus;
- to make new contacts for exploring possibilities for further enlargement of BJCEM network with additional memberships from Cyprus;
- to make contacts with Turkish-Cypriot young artists and explore possibilities for the development of joint artistic projects.
The most important meetings done during the visit were with:
- the Turkish Cypriot artist Mrs Zehra Sonya, President of EMAA (European Mediterranean Association), in Nicosia, to open a dialogue and a new collaboration with this part of the Country not represented in BJCEM Network;
- Mr. Pavlos Paraskevas, Director of Cultural Services, Ministry of Education & Culture of Cyprus, BJCEM member, in order to implement the collaboration toward future new possible perspectives;
- Mr Yiannis Toumazis, Director of NiMAC, the Nicosia Municipal Arts Centre, in order to discuss on it possible adhesion to BJCEM Network;
- Mrs Georgia Doetzer, Artistic Director of Paphos 2017, European Cultural Capital, to improve the collaboration with them presenting a BJCEM activity during the activities of 2017.