Communication of Local Authorities for Integration in European Towns
BJCEM is partner of the project CLARINET – Communication of Local Authorities for Integration in European Towns, a EU-funded initiative within the AMIF funds – Grant Agreement number 821562.
CLARINET aims to raise awareness among EU citizens of the contribution migrants make to their societies. The project intends to:
1) identify and promote the good practises of local authorities in public communication campaigns on migration and integration at EU level;
2) empower local border authorities to implement successful evidence-based public communication campaigns on migration and integration through on-the-job training and support.
The project will:
- Develop the “European Award for local authorities’ public communication campaigns on migration and integration”;
- Produce the “Positive Storytelling Kit on Migration and Integration for Local Authorities”;
- Implement 8 training programmes for Local Authorities looking at how to talk about migration and integration in their local territories;
- Set up 8 residences for artists within the territories involved;
- Design and promote 8 communication campaigns on migration carried out by the Local Authorities involved.
The CLARINET project is led by the Municipality of Lampedusa and Linosa, which collaborates with a multi stakeholder partnership composed of 7 other Local Authorities located in border areas (border LAs), 9 Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) based in 8 EU countries, and 2 international networks. To learn more: www.clarinetproject.eu